Inigo Montoya: But, I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
Man in Black: That’s VERY comforting, but I’m afraid you’ll just have to wait.
Inigo Montoya: I hate waiting. I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
Man in Black: No good. I’ve known too many Spaniards.
Inigo Montoya: Isn’t there any way you trust me?
Man in Black: Nothing comes to mind.
Inigo Montoya: I swear on the soul of my father, Domingo Montoya, you will reach the top alive.
Man in Black: Throw me the rope.
If you’re a regular viewer of my blog, you’ll know that most of my posts are geeky, sciencey, biochemistry, diabetic health stuff. Well, I’ve been writing all day and my brain hurts, so I wanted to take a vacation from the science.
Now that little exchange up there, is one of my favorite all time movie scenes, because I too hate waiting. Now this isn’t a complaining post, it’s just going to be a little brainstorming for myself about all the things I have to wait for with my diabetes. Lets see how many I can come up with:
- Waiting for meter to show blood sugar
- Waiting for blood sugar to come down
- Waiting for blood sugar to come up
- Waiting for insulin pump to rewind
- Waiting at doctors appointments
- Waiting on blood test results or A1C numbers
- Waiting for insurance to pay the bill
- Waiting for supplies to arrive in the mail
- Waiting for . . . lets not talk about that
- Waiting for a closed loop insulin pump
- Waiting for a cure
Did I miss anything? I know I did. What else do we wait for with diabetes? Comment below!
********** Now ya know, and knowing is half the battle. Go Joe!!! **********
If you found this article helpful, please give it a LIKE and share it with others who might benefit from it. Thanks for paying it forward! If you’d like to connect with me, you’ll find my social networking profiles to the right: ————————>