Inigo Montoya: But, I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
Man in Black: That’s VERY comforting, but I’m afraid you’ll just have to wait.
Inigo Montoya: I hate waiting. I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
Man in Black: No good. I’ve known too many Spaniards.
Inigo Montoya: Isn’t there any way you trust me?
Man in Black: Nothing comes to mind.
Inigo Montoya: I swear on the soul of my father, Domingo Montoya, you will reach the top alive.
Man in Black: Throw me the rope.
If you’re a regular viewer of my blog, you’ll know that most of my posts are geeky, sciencey, biochemistry, diabetic health stuff. Well, I’ve been writing all day and my brain hurts, so I wanted to take a vacation from the science.
Now that little exchange up there, is one of my favorite all time movie scenes, because I too hate waiting. Now this isn’t a complaining post, it’s just going to be a little brainstorming for myself about all the things I have to wait for with my diabetes. Lets see how many I can come up with:
- Waiting for meter to show blood sugar
- Waiting for blood sugar to come down
- Waiting for blood sugar to come up
- Waiting for insulin pump to rewind
- Waiting at doctors appointments
- Waiting on blood test results or A1C numbers
- Waiting for insurance to pay the bill
- Waiting for supplies to arrive in the mail
- Waiting for . . . lets not talk about that
- Waiting for a closed loop insulin pump
- Waiting for a cure
Did I miss anything? I know I did. What else do we wait for with diabetes? Comment below!